1. In the northern hemisphere, summer solstice occurs when the sun shines directly at the
    1. Equator
    2. Arctic Circle
    3. Tropic of Cancer
    4. Tropic of Capricorn

  2. What is the correct sequence of the following in the context of the age of the Earth since its origin? I. Cenozoic II. Mesozoic III.Palaeozoic IV. Protozoic
    1. III,IV,II,I
    2. III,IV,I,II
    3. IV,III,II,I
    4. IV,III,I,II

  3. The "girdle of fire" refer to the ring of volcanoes around the
    1. Pacific
    2. Mediterranean
    3. Atlantic
    4. Indian ocean

  4. The 180th meridian of the International Dateline has
    1. no deviation
    2. both east and westward deviation
    3. eastward deviation
    4. westward deviation

  5. When the local time is 12.00 noon and the time on Greenwich Meridian is 8.00 a.m., the local longitude is
    1. 45◦ East
    2. 45◦ West
    3. 60◦ West
    4. 60◦ East

  6. During an earthquake, the major destruction is caused by the energy released due to
    1. sound waves
    2. light waves
    3. seismic waves
    4. a combination of sound waves and seismic waves

  7. Full moon occurs when
    1. Moon is between the sun and the earth
    2. Sun is between the earth and the moon
    3. Earth is between the sun and the Earth
    4. None of these

  8. Igneous rocks are formed by
    1. deposition of silt by rivers
    2. volcanoes
    3. magma
    4. cooling of the molten matter inside the earth

  9. Contours are connecting places having
    1. equal temperature
    2. equal barometric pressure
    3. equal height
    4. equal amount of rainfall

  10. Isosceles are lines connecting places having
    1. equal barometric pressure
    2. equal height
    3. equal amount of rainfall
    4. same duration of sunshine