1. Identify the poetic line that differs in figure of speech, from the other lines. 
    1.  Writhed like lightning and was gone 
    2.  As humble plants by country hedgerows growing
    3. In the world's broad field of battle
    4.  In solitary confinement as complete as any gaol

  2. With the teacups circling round me like the planets round the sun. Why are the teacups circling? 
    1.  Because of heavy gravitational force 
    2.  Because the speaker is dancing in circles
    3.  Because the teacups felJ. off the hand 
    4. Because of lack of gravitational force

  3. Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks Within his bending sickle's compass come; In which poem do these lines occur? 
    1. Sonnet No. 116 
    2.  Is life, But a Dream?
    3.  0 Captain! My Captain!
    4.  Be The Best 

  4. In which poem do the following lines occur? There's something for all of us here. There's big work to do and there's lesser to do
    1.  Travel Plant 
    2.  No Men Are Foreign 
    3.  Manliness 
    4. Be The Best

  5. He knows what rules are necessary and the rules are made to be enforced. It would be wrong of me to override his rules and decisions of this kind. Who does "me" refer to in the lesson "The One Minute Apology"? 
    1.  Scott
    2.  Edwin Stanton 
    3.  The Colonel 
    4. Abraham Lincoln

  6. Match the titles with the lines :(a)  Piano_________, (b)  Migrant Bird _________, (c)  Going For Water__________, (d)  The cry of the children ____________
    1.  Softly in the dusk a wom~n is singing to me. / We heard, we knew we heard the brook. / The globe's my world. / Their wind comes in our faces. 
    2. Softly in the dusk a wom~n is singing to me./ The globe's my world./ We heard, we knew we heard the brook. / Their wind comes in our faces.
    3.  We heard, we knew we heard the brook. / Their wind comes in our faces./ Softly in the dusk a wom~n is singing to me./ The globe's my world. 
    4.  The globe's my world. / Softly in the dusk a wom~n is singing to me. / Their wind comes in our faces. / We heard, we knew we heard the brook.

  7. Which of the following is not a poem?
    1.  Earth
    2.  The cry of the children
    3. The Last Leaf
    4.  Snake 

  8. Identify the poet in whose poem these lines occur? Had he and I but met by some old ancient inn. 
    1.  Norman Nicholson 
    2.  H.W. Longfellow 
    3.  Walt Whitman
    4. Thomas Hardy 

  9. Whose autobiography is this? "The story of my experiments with truth". 
    1.  Kasturba Gandhi
    2.  Jawaharlal Nehru 
    3. Mahatma Gandhi
    4.  Indira Gandhi 

  10. Replace the underlined British word with its American equivalent It is dark. Get me a torch
    1.  torch light
    2.  long light 
    3.  stop light
    4. flash light